Edited/Updated: 26 May 2015
(Jarvis, Jarves, Jarvayes)
This is the ancestry of my 3rd Great-Grandmother Elizabeth Jarvis. She is my immigrant ancestor born in ENGLAND, so I will start with her earliest JARVIS ancestor in England which was Ellys Jarves born about 1575.
(The earliest generations here have not been confirmed by me yet.)
First Known Generation
1. ELLYS JARVES, born probably in Devon, England about 1575.
Child of Ellys Jarves:
i. THOMAS JARVES was born probably in Devon about 1595.
2. THOMAS² JARVES, (Ellys¹) was born probably in Devon, ENGLAND about 1595.
Child of Thomas JARVES:
i. JOSEPH³ JARVES, born 1613
3. JOSEPH³ JARVES, (Thomas², Ellys¹), born probably Devon, ENGLAND, 1613. He married Rebecca DREW, in South Huish, Devon, ENGLAND on 9 Jan 1641.
Child of Joseph and Rebecca (Drew) Jarves:
i. JOSEPH JARVAYES, was born in South Huish, Devon, England in 1642.
4. JOSEPH JARVAYES, (Joseph³, Thomas², Ellys¹), born in South Huish, Devon, ENGLAND, on 1642. He married Joan RIDER in South Huish, Devon, ENGLAND in 1685.
Child of Joseph and Joan (Rider) Jarvayes:
i. ABRAHAM JARVIS, born 4 Mar 1689.
5. Abraham JARVIS, (Joseph 4, Joseph 3, Thomas 2, Ellys 1), born in South Huish, Devon, ENGLAND, on 4 Mar 1689. He married Jane in South Huish, Devon, ENGLAND on 20 Nov 1716.
Children of Abraham JARVIS and Jane:
i. Rebecca JARVIS, born 1718.
ii. Abraham JARVIS, born 1720.
iii. Mary JARVIS, born 1724
iv. Ann JARVIS, born 1726
6. v. Thomas JARVIS, born 1728
6. Thomas JARVIS, (Abraham 5, Joseph 4, Joseph 3, Thomas 2, Ellys 1), born in South Huish, Devon, ENGLAND.