Updated/Edited: 16 Apr 2015
This is the ancestry of my Great-Grandmother, Hattie May BOYER, beginning with her immigrant ancestor, Johannes Leendert/Leonard Beijer/Beyer/Bayer/BOYER, born in Germany about 1702:
1. JOHANNES LEONARD¹ BOYER “John” aka “Johannes Leenhard Beijer” and “Leonard Bayer” was born in Alsace, Palatine, Germany about 1702. He arrived via Amsterdam, Netherlands to New York City, New York. He married in New York, ANNA BARBARA WYANT.
More Information About Johannes Leonard Boyer:
History of the Palatine Immigration to America
Children of Johannes and Anna (Wyant) Boyer:
i. GEORGE² BOYER, born about 1732
ii. JOHANNES² “HANS” BOYER born about 1734 and died 30 Dec 1799
iii. BARBARA BOYER, born about 1743
iv. GERTRUDE BOYER, born about 1746
v. ELIZABETH BOYER, born about 1748
vi. VALENTINE Boyer, born about 1750
2. Johannes² BOYER (Johannes¹) was born in Westchester County, New York, about 1734; and died in Manheim, Herkimer, New York on 30 Dec 1799. He married in about 1757 ANNA NANCY GARTER. She was the daughter of Robert GARTER and Elisabeth CROMMEL. She was born in Schenectady, Albany, New York before 3 Jun 1733 and died in Manheim, Herkimer, New York on 7 Jun 1828.
Children of Johannes and Anna (Garter) Boyer are:
i. JOHANNES LEONARD³ BOYER “John” b. in Palatine, Albany, New York, 17 Oct 1760; died in Clay City, Decatur, Indiana, 14 Oct 1836.
ii. HEINRICH³ BOYER “Henry”, born 17 Jan 1773 and died 22 Sept 1861
3. HEINRICH³ BOYER “Henry” (Johannes², Johannes¹) was born in Herkimer County, New York on 17 Jan 1773 and died in Manheim, Herkimer, New York on 22 Sept 1861. He married SARA MARCELLUS/MISSELES in German Flats, Herkimer, New York on 21 May 1793.
“Henry Kemensneider, or Rhemensnyder, and Johannes BOYER were the first settlers on Glen’s Purchase, a few miles north of the Little Falls. They came on to the tract several years before the commencement of the revolutionary war. John BOYER was born near New York ; his father emigrated from Elsos in Germany. John was in the Oriskany battle and lost his team of horses and wagon in that bloody affray. He was the immediate ancestor of the Boyer families, once so numerous in this town. His youngest son, Henry, now 75 years old, is still living, and several of his descendants are found in the county, although emigration has some what diminished their numbers. Among other German settlers who had seated themselves in this town before the revolution, were the Keysers, Van Slykes, Newmans, Sha-”
Benton, Nathaniel Soley, From: A History of Herkimer County: including the Upper Mohawk Valley (Herkimer County, New York: J. Munsell, 1856), page 436. (Free Google eBook):
1850 US Federal Census “Henry Boyer”
22 Aug 1850 – Living in Manheim, Herkimer County, New York:
Henry Boyer age 77
Joram Boyer age 35 [Must be his son.]
Mary A. Boyer age 34 [wife of Joram]
Sarah age 17
Catherine 3/12 [3 months]
Children of Heinrich “Henry” and Sara (Misseles) Boyer:
HENRY LEONARD4 BOYER born in Manheim on 10 Jan 1794
(Gran’s 4th and Aidan’s 6th Great Grandfather)
4. HENRY LEONARD4 BOYER (Heinrich³, Johannes², Johannes¹) was born in Manheim, Herkimer, New York on 10 Jan 1794 and died in York Township, Steuben County, Indiana on 10 Oct 1854. He married in New York in 1813, MARGARETHA HAUS.
Children of Henry and Margaretha (Haus) Boyer:
i. JORUM BOYER
ii. FRANCIS5 BOYER born in New York in 1833
(Gran’s 3rd and Aidan’s 5th Great Grandfather)
5. FRANCIS5 BOYER (Henry4, Heinrich³, Johannes², Johannes¹) was born in New York in 1833 and died in Andersonville, Sumter, Georgia on 4 Aug 1864. He married in Kinderhook, Branch County, Michigan on 18 Sep 1853, MATILDA P. HEATH.
Children of Francis and Matilda (Heath) Boyer:
i. ERNEST R. BOYER
ii. HENRYETTA BOYER
iii. ELLA R. “BELLE” BOYER
iv. ELLIS ESTABAN6 BOYER
(Gran’s 2nd and Aidan’s 4th Great Grandfather)
6. ELLIS ESTABAN6 BOYER (Francis5, Henry4, Heinrich³, Johannes², Johannes¹) was born in Scott Township, Steuben, Indiana on 23 Nov 1860 and died in Salina, Saline County, Kansas on 26 Nov 1939. He married in Ellsworth County, Kansas on 18 May 1884, MARY INEZ SHELDON.
Children of Ellis and Mary (Sheldon) Boyer:
i. GRACE S.7 BOYER b. in Ellsworth County, Kansas on 17 Apr 1886 and died on 16 Jul 1988. She married Harley Bird.
ii. HATTIE MAY7 BOYER b. in Ellsworth, Ellsworth, Kansas on 2 Jul 1888
iii. JOHN FRANCIS BOYER
(Gran’s Great and Aidan’s 3rd Great Grandmother)
7. HATTIE MAY7 BOYER (Ellis6, Francis5, Henry4, Heinrich³, Johannes², Johannes¹) was born in Ellsworth, Ellsworth, Kansas on 2 Jul 1888 and died in Lincoln, Lincoln, Kansas on 8 May 1961. She married in Lincoln, Lincoln, Kansas on 17 Dec 1906, WILLIAM FRANKLIN BISHOP.
Children of William Franklin and Hattie May (Boyer) Bishop:
i INEZ CELESTA8 BISHOP
ii. LILA VIVA BISHOP
iii. REITA GERALDINE8 BISHOP born in Lincoln, Lincoln County, Kansas
iv. PAULINE ELLEN BISHOP
v. FRANCIS BISHOP
vi. EUGENE BISHOP
vii. JACK BISHOP
viii. MARGARET ANN BISHOP born and died in 1926
ix. FAY BISHOP
x. DAN HAMILTON BISHOP
For sources and more information see: